Blue and Gold NFL Predictions

As the NFL season approaches the halfway mark, teams are starting to show what they actually can do, either proving or disproving the glut of predictions made at the beginning of the year. We have decided to make a re-evaluation as to which teams will be in the playoffs come January. We start with the NFC. The AFC predictions will come later

Minnesota Vikings: The Vikings’ defense has been dominant this year. This doesn’t come as that big of a surprise, but the way they are able to control a game purely on defense is nothing short of stunning. After losing both Teddy Bridgewater and Adrian Peterson, the offense has somehow managed to be serviceable after what is looking like a nice trade to acquire Sam Bradford. Knowing the history of these great defense type of teams, it is hard to see the Vikings winning less than 12 games.

Atlanta Falcons: While the offense has been utterly electric this year, it’s not the team’s play that makes them such a lock for the playoffs. Their division is so weak this year that they should easily be a able to overcome a difficult schedule and reach the playoffs.

Seattle Seahawks: The Rams do look good, but record and talent are already in the Seahawks favor. The defense is very good, and the offense hasn’t looked particularly great, but is good enough to win them their division.

Dallas Cowboys: Never has a team with a rookie QB and a rookie RB looked this polished. Their offensive line is awesome, that’s been known, but the rest of their team has played well above many expectations.

Green Bay Packers: They might just be the second best team in the NFC, but they will likely settle for a wild card spot because of the Vikings dominance. They are the most well rounded team in the NFL on both sides of the ball and should cruise to a playoff spot

Philadelphia Eagles: The final spot is going to be a battle between the Rams, Cardinals, Eagles and Redskins, but ultimately the Eagles hot start should help them prevail. Carson Wentz has looked very poised and the rest of the team has played up because of it.

Overall, the NFC has a lot of exciting races to watch for, and their playoff bracket should be quite an intense one.