Chamblee Students’ Favorite Shows To Binge

Audrey Thatcher (‘26) watches her favorite show, Grey’s Anatomy, on Netflix.

From sitcoms to drama to sci-fi, many people love watching television shows, and there are many options to choose from when in need of entertainment. Students at Chamblee have access to a variety of shows and have formed their opinions on their favorites.

“My favorite show is One Day because it’s a great coming-of-age story, and all the characters are so complex. It’s very interesting, and I loved the plot,” said Ava Redick (‘26).

Casting is one of the most important aspects of a show as the actor’s personality and look need to match the character they’re playing.

“I loved Emma Morley and Dexter Mayhew because they were casted perfectly. I thought the show also had great representation with all the characters too. I loved Emma Morley’s character, but I didn’t like Dexter’s character because he was a raging alcoholic,” said Redick.

Many say that the ending of a TV show is important because it can affect how the viewer feels after watching every episode.

“If I could change anything about the show, it would be the ending. It wasn’t necessarily incomplete, but I thought the ending was too sad. I wished they ended on a happier note,” said Redick.

Many believe that the best shows affect your emotions and can really change your overall mood.

“If you are emotional at all and you want to cry, this show is great to get your feelings out. It’s a realistic fiction story that could happen to any real person,” said Redick.

Another popular TV show available on Netflix is Black Mirror. This show released its final season in the summer of 2023.

“My favorite TV show is Black Mirror because I like how every episode has a different plot, so I never get bored,” said Ava Renshaw (‘26).

Every show is different. Some are perfect for watching again and again while others may only need to be watched once. 

“I like to rewatch some shows, but Black Mirror isn’t a show that you need to go back and rewatch. I will watch some episodes again though because I like to show the episodes to my friends,” said Renshaw.

While many TV shows are great, they’re not always perfect; there are always small things that can be changed to improve it for each person.

“If I could change anything about the show it would probably be the first episode because it’s kind of disturbing,” said Renshaw.

Oftentimes, shows can seem similar, so finding a more unique show is always fun.

“I would recommend this show to someone because it’s like nothing I’ve ever seen in a show before. It’s very unique,” said Renshaw.

Medical dramas have become very popular in the past few decades, Grey’s Anatomy being one of the most popular.

“I love Grey’s Anatomy, especially because I’ve always wanted to go into the medical field. I know it’s not super realistic, but it’s still cool to get the idea of working in a hospital,” said Audrey Thatcher (‘26).

Considering that Grey’s Anatomy is the longest-running medical drama, there have been a variety of new characters throughout the years.

“My favorite character is Mark Sloan because he’s really hot. I hated Owen Hunt because he was always causing drama, and he was in the show for too long,” said Thatcher.

Many Grey’s Anatomy fans will say that the majority of the characters die sometime in the show. Everyone has a different opinion about the deaths of their favorite characters. 

“If I could change anything about the show, I would keep George O’Malley in the show longer because he was the best character, and they killed him off too early,” said Thatcher.

Many say that TV show music will either make or break a show, and Grey’s Anatomy had a wide range of music throughout the seasons. 

“The song ‘Chasing Cars’ is in the show, and it is so good. It’s played whenever someone dies, and it’s so sad. There was also an episode in the show that they filmed as a musical. It was so bad. They actually had really good voices, but it was an awful episode,” said Thatcher.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is another long-running TV show available on Netflix and Peacock. 

“My favorite TV show is Brooklyn Nine-Nine mainly just because it’s really funny, and I can watch it while I do my work. My favorite character is probably Gina because she has a very odd sense of humor,” said Maya Shatil (‘25).

Many say that comedic aspects in a show can always improve the quality.

“The show is great, and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a good laugh because it’s really funny,” said Shatil.

Another example of a popular comedy show is Blackish on Hulu.

“My favorite show is Blackish because I love comedy, and it’s so relatable. My favorite characters are Earl and Ruby Johnson because they are so funny,” said Anderson Cole (‘26).

A very popular classic American Sitcom TV show is Friends. It’s very common to watch Friends while learning English. 

“I love the show Friends because it’s my mom’s favorite show. When she was learning to speak English, she would always turn the show on. She was always playing it, so I know Friends like the back of my hand,” said Frida Nieves (‘25). 

Many love the variety of differences in each character because they all work well together. 

Nieves said, “I really liked Joey. Everyone thinks he’s really dumb, but if you really watch it as many times as I do, you can see that he’s always there for his friends and always supporting them. He’s just such a good friend. I hate Ross though. My mom loves him, but I think he is a bad character. My mom thinks he’s funny, but I think he is just cringe and disgusting. He is very misogynistic and gross.”