What is Sticking Out of Chamblee’s Roof?

If you’ve ever caught a glimpse of the roof of Chamblee’s main building, you might have seen some interesting-looking contraptions sticking out. Many students at Chamblee have seen them, but few know what they actually are and what they are there for. Here are some of the students theories.

Cameron VanderWiele (junior): “That’s where they store all the fun when you walk into the building.”

Hope Williams (sophomore): “That’s where they store the ingredients for the school lunches.”

Rory Fleming (freshman): “I think they’re giant gnomes sticking out of the school.”

Zachary Reid (junior): “They look like little aliens that landed on our roof.”

Joe Lundy (senior): “They put those things there to look important.”

Sifat Raihan (sophomore): “They’re straight, white bananas.”

Bart Turney (junior): “They look like colored pencils that were sharpened using scissors instead of a pencil sharpener because you didn’t have a pencil sharpener.”

Sarah Williams (sophomore): “They look like dunce hats.”

Sidney Johnson (freshman): They are party hats so teachers can go have parties on the roof.”

KT Hoovestol (senior): “They are missiles that we shoot at Marist.”

Jessica Eleazer (senior): “They look like the bottom of a soccer cleat.”

Carson Crochet (junior): “If we were under attack, the attackers would be impaled [by them] after attempting to parachute onto our school.”

Mark Haiden (senior): “They’re nukes.”

Kacie Lowrey (senior): “In case North Korea pulls something, we can launch them at them.”

Yanik Gregg (senior): “I think Sauce uses them to communicate with aliens.”

Asia Mitchell (senior): “I think it’s where the gold is hiding at the end of the rainbow.”

Isabella DeStefano (junior): “They’re large, metal umbrellas.”

Borna Eghtesadi (senior): “They’re telescopes to watch out for Dunwoody and Marist kids.”

Betsy Wilcauskas (junior): “They’re lightning rods or steam releasor things.”

Anna Graves (junior): “It’s roof decor. The builders wanted to leave their mark.”

Greg King (senior): “They’re Pokemon Go satellites. If you put in a code on the app, 30 charizards will spawn from them.”

While these students have some very entertaining guesses, the strange gadgets on the roof are actually exhaust fans for the science classrooms to remove smells or dangerous chemicals. Unfortunately, charizards do not spawn from them.