Revisiting the 2021-2022 Crowd-Sourced Course Catalog

Students weigh in on courses to select and why

Photo by Ashley Veazey.

Many of the different classes Chamblee offers students are shown in this graphic.

The Blue & Gold Staff

Choosing which classes you want to take and building your schedule can be a stressful task. With such an extensive list of classes to choose from and the many different teaching approaches each one entails, it makes sense that so many students are overwhelmed when it comes time to sign up for the next year’s courses. With this in mind, the Blue & Gold has compiled an official course catalog that provides a thorough description of each course to hopefully aid Chamblee students in navigating our school.

We first did this during the 2019-2020 school year, with the previous course catalog being available here. This updated version contains some of the same content from our previous catalog, along with updated course descriptions and student interviews for new courses and new teachers at the school.

Our descriptions of each course based on teacher and student interviews aim to provide prospective students with an overview of the content, workload, class environment, teaching style, and stress level of Chamblee’s different classes.

We did not cover every course at Chamblee, only writing about the classes that students have the option to choose between. This is why you will not find class descriptions for some classes in the catalog (such as health and personal fitness).

Click on the links of any of the departments below to explore the course catalog:

English Department

Social Studies Department

Math Department

Science Department

World Language Department

CTAE Pathways Department

Visual Arts Department

Music and Theatre Department

Physical Education Department