Top 10 Ice Cream Spots in Chamblee

Ice+cream

Ice cream

Thomas Rice, Editor

Everybody loves ice cream, so let’s get down to the question everybody’s been asking: What are the best spots for ice cream in Chamblee? We’re gonna answer that question right here in this article. Here we go!

1. The Frosty Caboose
If you live around Chamblee, there’s a good chance you know all about The Frosty Caboose! Located just half a mile from Chamblee High, the Caboose is a great place to get ice cream, milkshakes, floats, or sundaes, all in a variety of flavors. You can even get hot dogs at the Frosty Caboose if you’re looking for a different kind of treat.
The Caboose’s location also allows customers to watch trains as they pass by on the tracks, which are right next to the stationary train car from which ice cream is served. As you watch the trains rattle down the tracks, you can think about the fleeting nature of human life and how it may have already passed you by. Fun!

2. Morelli’s Ice Cream
Morelli’s Ice Cream is located in the Farm Burger at the Georgetown Shopping Center, just down Chamblee Dunwoody Road from CHS. Just like The Frosty Caboose, you can find milkshakes, ice cream, floats, and sundaes here, but here, you have the opportunity to get a variety of meals at the adjoining Farm Burger.
Morelli’s isn’t in Chamblee, but it isn’t too far away, so I’m including it with the list. Just because it’s in Dunwoody doesn’t mean it’s so far away that you should have to cancel plans because you want to get to bed early, especially if you go out to dinner in Buckhead and post it on your Snapchat story 20 minutes later!

3. Dandy Donuts
If you’re looking for doughnuts in Chamblee, there’s no better place than Dandy. The shop is just a quick walk away from CHS, so it’s also convenient for students. After school, it can be packed with high schoolers, so make sure you get there quick to make sure your favorite doughnut is still available!
Dandy has been around a while, so a lot of students have fond memories there, too. Sometimes students just go there to buy the cheapest thing on the menu so they can sit and think about a time when they were happy.
Students can look at the classic doughnut shape in their hand and think about how it’s like their relationship, how it looked good and whole from the outside but there was always something missing from the center.

4. Baskin Robbins
Then I start wondering whether I was the hole in the middle, and whether it was really all my fault. Maybe she was always there for me, but it was all in vain, for there was nobody really to be there for. I never made her feel loved enough, I never let her know how much she meant to me, so how could I expect her to stay.

5. That Korean place on Buford Highway
What the hell am I doing?
That’s what I think as I go to sleep at night, and I wonder what I could’ve done better, what I could’ve done to make her stay, and I think about what I did wrong, and what if that was my shot, what if no one loves me ever again, and what am I doing looking for love again, taking out ads in a high school newspaper under a pseudonym just to try to find someone else, but maybe they won’t even love me but only care for Koby Brussell, and what am I gonna do then, apart from change my name and change my life to fit their ideal of what I should be just to conform so that someone will love me. Maybe that’s my real issue, that I’m only looking to fit others’ image of what I should be.

6. Publix
They sell ice cream at Publix, don’t they?

7. QT
It’s after midnight. I can’t sleep. I’m not doing any of my homework because I am watching all of her social media accounts. How can she smile? How can she still laugh? God I miss the sound of her laughter. So I walk to the convenience store in my pajamas because why does it matter anymore. The guy behind the counter sees me walk in but thinks better than to engage me in small talk. I shuffle around the store.
What are Combos?
The taquitos rolling on the heater mock me. I bet they have girlfriends. I imagine the taquitos go home to a loving family, enjoy the warm embrace of loved ones, and laugh their spicy little chicken hearts out.
Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey. Yes. Yes, this is what will help me. This is what I need right now. Ice cream.

8. Greenwood Ice Cream
If you’re looking for some unique options, Greenwood Ice Cream has a large variety of products, from sherbert to italian ice to gelato to regular old ice cream to much more!
Greenwood is only a quick five-minute drive from Chamblee, so it’s also another great option for students!

Thanks for reading! I hope to see you at all these fantastic ice cream spots! Check the Blue and Gold map on our website to find more locations to visit around Metro Atlanta!