What Your Fall Starbucks Order Says About You

Lyvia Huang (‘25) and Lauren Cisewski (‘25) at a Starbucks at Georgia Southern University. Photo by Lyvia Huang

There’s a lot to look forward to about fall: the weather, the clothes, Halloween, fall comfort shows, and the Starbucks fall menu. I wouldn’t turn down Starbucks any time of the year, but the fall drinks are some of my favorites. This is what I think your favorite fall Starbucks menu item says about you.

Pumpkin Spice Latte

If your fall order is the Pumpkin Spice Latte, your usual order is probably a regular latte, and it was hard for someone to convince you to try something new. Sticking to a routine and staying organized in your life is important to you and keeps you focused. You’re the one your friends go to for advice, and you’re always honest with and supportive of them. You have a go-to order that you never deviate from at every restaurant you go to regularly. Some types of change are hard for you, but you aim to constantly move forward in your life and improve upon aspects of your life. Two of your strongest qualities as a friend are that you are loyal and dependable.

Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew

You’re a down-to-earth person, and other people rarely have problems with you. You probably play a sport, and you’re really good at it. Although you wake up at 5:00 most mornings for morning practice or to run, your sleep schedule is better than most of your friends’ because you never go to bed later than 10:00 P.M. You’re close with your family and would rather have friends sleep over at your house than sleep over at a friend’s house. You have more than one best friend.

Iced Apple Crisp Oat Milk Shaken Espresso

If your favorite fall menu item is the Iced Apple Crisp Oat Milk Shaken Espresso, you’re a driven and motivated person who’s more than willing to speak up about issues that matter to them. Also, you probably love animals and have at least two pets, which you named after characters from your favorite book or show. You rewatch movies and shows a lot and reread books a lot, and you could talk for hours about why you dislike certain fictional characters. You don’t go to Starbucks much because you prefer non-chain coffee shops. You enjoy spending time in nature, and you love rainy weather.

Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte

If this is your go-to fall Starbucks drink, you make sure to say “chai” instead of “chai tea” when you order it. You know a lot of good Starbucks secret menu drinks and might’ve ordered this drink during past autumns before it was officially added to the fall menu this year by adding a pumpkin cold foam customization to an iced chai latte. You have great style and shop on Depop a lot, and you’ve spent years (and a decent amount of money) perfecting your skincare and/or makeup routine. You’re a very creative person and are probably good at something artistic, such as painting or playing an instrument. You’re the one your friends send pictures to when they want to know if they should buy something. You’re a big procrastinator when it comes to schoolwork, but you’ve mastered the art of procrastination as it’s become a tool for you to spend the least possible amount of time on assignments while still earning the grades you want.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin

You make a lot of spontaneous decisions that you usually don’t end up regretting. You love going to concerts and football games, and you’ve probably dyed or bleached your hair a few times in your life. For your friends’ birthdays, you make the best Instagram stories and get really thoughtful gifts. You’re energetic in a way that makes other people excited too, but you enjoy spending time alone as well. You may have tried yoga or meditation at some point. 

Baked Apple Croissant

As a kid, you were probably a picky eater, and you still love all your favorite foods from back then. You bake a lot, and you love trying new recipes and coming up with your own recipes. You try to surround yourself with people you find interesting, and you have a really big collection of something that you started when you were in elementary school. You are good at several different things but aren’t pretentious about it, and you know a lot of random facts. You frequently forget to respond to texts.