A Definitive Guide To Ordering At Chick-Fil-A

A photo of part of the inside of a Chick-Fil-A. Photo by Anna Kate Flood

I love Chick-Fil-A. I have tried almost everything on the menu and found the best options and the worst options to purchase. Over the past years, I have changed up my order many times and have finally found the best orders for whatever I’m in the mood for. This is the definitive guide to ordering at Chick-Fil-A. 

Dessert Order

During Christmas time, the best dessert order is a peppermint chip milkshake. It’s the perfect amount of sweet and minty, and the chips in the milkshake make it a little crunchy as well. When the peppermint chip milkshake is not available, the next best option is a chocolate chip cookie with your favorite soft drink (preferably root beer or Dr. Pepper). The flavors are great together because they are different but compliment each other in a weird way. 

Full Meal Order When I Have To Pay

A kids meal is a great option for a filling meal on a budget. Personally, I get a kids five-count chicken nugget meal with a side of mac and cheese. Then, I get a root beer with light ice in order to maximize the amount of drink in the cup. Lastly, I trade out the toy that comes with the kids meal for an ice cream cone. When I get the chicken nuggets, I cut them into smaller pieces and put them in the mac and cheese cup. The chicken combined with the mac and cheese elevates both pieces of the meal.

Full Meal When I Don’t Have To Pay

While the kids meal is a great order, whenever I don’t have to pay for my meal I always enjoy getting a larger portion. My go-to order when I’m not paying is an eight-count chicken nugget meal with a side of mac and cheese and a milkshake or a root beer. The best milkshake besides the peppermint chip milkshake is a chocolate milkshake. 

Breakfast Order

While the chicken biscuit is great, a four-count Chick-n-Minis meal is superior. I love getting the hash browns, but I think they taste best when you only eat half of them. When I eat the whole box of hash browns, it makes me feel greasy afterwards. I also would not recommend getting a coffee from Chick-Fil-A. It tastes watered down and has little coffee flavor. However, a great alternative is the frosted coffee. 

Retired Chick-Fil-A Orders

When I was in elementary school, my Chick-Fil-A order would be a four-count chicken nugget meal with ketchup. I was very picky when I was younger, so I would only eat three out of the four nuggets. I also loved getting a small vanilla milkshake with extra cherries. Then I began to shift towards the classic chicken sandwich, which only lasted for a short period of time. I also had a grilled nugget phase somewhere in between these two. Later, I began to get chicken nuggets with ranch and I would dip the nuggets in the ranch. It tasted really weird, but I liked it. Eventually, Chick-Fil-A released their mac and cheese which changed the game for chicken nugget meals.