Kid’s Meals Hacks

The kids menu at California Pizza Kitchen.
The kid’s menu at California Pizza Kitchen.

Have you ever wanted to go out to eat, but not want to overpay for an abundance of food? Well, if this sounds like you, kids meals may be the perfect solution! Many restaurants offer kids menus that still provide the fullness and satisfaction you are looking for, you just have to know where to look. Here are some of the best kids meal deals at restaurants near you.

Olive Garden

This American-style Italian restaurant gives you the best bang for your buck around. For just $6.99, you can get a smaller serving of pizza or pasta with two sides, a drink, and breadsticks. What could be better? Most Italian restaurants offer heaps of delicious pasta and pizza, but if you are looking for an easy bite, definitely check out this deal!

Sonic 

America’s favorite drive-in also offers a customer’s favorite kids meal. For just $3.89, you can grab a corn dog, hamburger, grilled cheese, chicken tenders with a side of fries, tots, or apple sauce, a mini drink, and a fun mini toy! For all that food for such little price, it’s no wonder why so many people drive up every day. 

Chick-fil-a

Although Chick-fil-a’s sandwiches are certainly a big motivator to come to the restaurant, if you are wanting their nuggets or strips, their kids meal certainly is something to consider. For just $3-$5, you can get either two chicken strips or a five-count chicken nuggets. This satisfies your protein requirements, and the kid’s size fries and drink is the cherry on top. What’s more, if you still feel hungry, you can trade your toy in for a free ice cream, which overall makes the perfect cheap meal. 

Brusters

Speaking of ice cream, Brusters has a pretty good offer for kids as well. Their $4 dino sundae comes with a scoop of any flavor of ice cream, sprinkles, fudge, and a cookie. Sugar overload! Next time you are craving some sweets and want it to be cheap, this is the deal for you. 

Chipotle 

If you are a Chipotle lover but aren’t feeling hungry enough to eat a giant bowl, their kids meal options are right for you. For a cheaper price of $5-$6, you can either “create your own”- an option where you can get a protein, side of rice, and two toppings, along with two tortillas. There is also a quesadilla option, which just replaces the tortillas in the first option. Along with these options, if you want more sides, just ask! Most Chipotle workers are super nice, you can definitely finesse a good meal for cheap at this tasty spot. 

Cava

This growing Mediterranean restaurant has many meal options from bowls to pita. However, just like Chipotle, their portion sizes are pretty hefty, and if you are not wanting to overstuff yourself, their kid’s pita is for you. For around half the price of a regular entree, you can get half a pita filled with three toppings, a dressing, a dip, and pita chips, and a drink- everything you come to Cava for in the first place! When you are craving Cava but can’t stop spending money, maybe consider trying this delicious meal. 

Moes

The next Mexican restaurant kid’s meal hack on the list is Moes. Given that Moes is already relatively expensive, if you are craving a lighter meal, their kids meal deals should not be overlooked. For around $6-$7, you can get a mini burrito, still pretty loaded up, and a full basket of  chips, a drink, and a cookie! Burrito heaven!

Superica

Sticking with the Mexican theme, Superica has one of the best value deals out there. While this nicer Mexican restaurant is more expensive, it is so worth it, but if you don’t have enough money in the bank for a regular size entree, definitely definitely definitely try the kid’s menu. For around $7, you can get the same amount of food the taco platter offers with just one less taco and a smaller portion of rice and beans. However, on top of all the free chips and salsa, you aren’t even able to notice the difference. This kids meal still leaves you as full as can be for the best price yet!

Chilli’s

This American casual dining chain has many of their all time favorites on their kids menu. For just $6, you can choose from half a dozen other choices of pizza, mac and cheese, or sliders, and grab a side and drink as well. For a quick bite to fulfill your Chilli’s cravings, these smaller portions are perfect. 

CPK

California Pizza Kitchen has my favorite deal yet, with many options that will leave you super satisfied and happy. For just $5, you can get a kids pizza, pasta, or salad, all of which are pretty big portions, with free bread! Additionally, you can add on an ice cream sundae, fruit, or a brownie for just 99 cents. Nothing can top this deal!

For those who are balling on a budget, or just can’t eat the big portions most restaurants love to provide you with, definitely check out these awesome kids meal hacks!