My Favorite Holiday Foods to Eat and Make

A Buche De Noel cake made by the writer in her family for Christmas. Photo courtesy of the writer

Photo Caption- A Buche De Noel cake made by the writer in her family for Christmas- Courtesy of the writer

Everyone has their own favorite holiday foods, but my family has a tradition of making some of the most delicious and weird foods around the holiday season. From tarts, to drinks, to cakes, these foods will warm you from the inside out and make your holidays even better.

My number one favorite dessert ever is our chocolate cranberry tart. It is a homemade cranberry tart with dark chocolate drizzled over top. It is the most sour and sweet tart that will leave space for other desserts!

Another delicious dessert we make is a buche de noel cake, which is a cake in the shape of a yule log. We decorate it with white chocolate mushrooms and matcha moss. It is the most sweet dessert with endless layers of chocolate that is perfect for the chocolate lovers in your family. It may take almost three days to make but it is so amazing!

Gingerbread houses may not be the best dessert to eat, due to being overly sugared and decorated to look pretty, but making them is such a fun activity! You can find them really easily such as at Target and Publix. I decorated them with my sister and her friends this year and have so many good memories from it.

If you aren’t eating gingerbread houses, you can at least bake some gingerbread to have or even some chocolate ginger cookies. Chocolate ginger cookies are a mix of savory gingerbread flavor and tart dark chocolate making the most decadent cookie. 

If you are in the mood for a nice fruity drink, you can have a nice cranberry fizz in my house made with very few ingredients. All you need is cranberry juice and sparkling apple juice to make the most refreshing and sweet drink for the holiday season.

After spending some time out in the cold though, the best drink to warm you up is a glass of warm apple cider by sitting by the fireplace and warming up in your pajamas.

With one or maybe even multiple of these treats, you can make some delicious food, make memories and traditions, and maybe even have the best holiday season yet full of festivities, cheer, and very very good food.