Spotlight on Talent: Chamblee’s Very Own Talent Show

Flyer for BEU’s talent show. Photo courtesy of Black Excellence Understood’s Instagram.

The Black Excellence Understood (BEU) club at our school is thrilled to announce its upcoming talent show, showcasing the diverse talents and skills of Chamblee students. This highly anticipated event promises to be a fun evening of entertainment that will feature many acts, leaving you amazed. 

Kimberley Nesbitt, the sponsor of BEU, hopes that this event will give students the ability to have fun while also gaining BEU publicity around the school.

“I’m hoping the kids will find a way to have some fun and also for BEU to kind of get their name out there and show what we do around the school,” said Nesbitt. 

Nesbitt believes having a talent show is a perfect way for students at Chamblee to witness unique talents of their classmates. 

“You get to see talent that you wouldn’t normally see. This may be something that you’re really good at that people don’t get to see you do normally,” said Nesbitt.

Students at Chamblee say this event allows for the creation of a sense of community and school spirit. 

“I think it’s a good idea if you want to get involved in the school, because it’s a good way to meet people that you may share the same talents with,” said Rachel Moore (‘25). 

Some believe it allows students to broaden their horizons and celebrate the diversity at Chamblee.

“Having a talent show gives students the opportunity to step out of their comfort zone and present their talents in front of an audience and their peers. Additionally, it celebrates the diversity of our school—individuals with various backgrounds, interests, and skills now have the platform to showcase their talents,” said Naa Besa Annan (‘26).

Many believe a good talent show performance keeps viewers engaged and wanting more.

“A good performance would be one that captivates viewers’ attention and keeps suspense throughout the show in a way that no one would expect,” said Asher Simmons (‘25).

Members of BEU hope there will be high student turnout and that the show will be successful.

“My hopes are that a lot of people participate and attend the talent show, and everyone to some extent enjoys the show,” said Simmons. 

Rax Seay (‘25) will be showcasing an original song at the talent show.

“I write songs so I’m performing an original rap song I wrote called Code Switch,” said Seay.

Rax aims to captivate the audience during his performance, as that is what he believes makes a good show performance. 

“I feel like you can captivate the audience with a great performance because it’s important when people actually care and pay attention to what you are doing on stage.

Glory Jones (‘25), performing “Stay” by Rihanna, is excited to do a solo performance since she has only ever sung with groups of people.

“I’m super excited about this because I’ve sung songs in large groups, but never a solo, so I truly feel like this is my time to truly shine,” said Jones.

This night will be a memorable one, and BEU encourages everyone to participate or attend. Save the date, March 21, and get some tickets!