Upcoming Events To Stir Up Senior Year

Shruti Nainwal
Chamblee seniors Lilly Smith and Shruti Nainwal pose on top of their newly decorated car.

Four weeks into the school year, Chamblee seniors are eagerly organizing and anticipating future senior class events, especially after the success of those last year. Student body president Brianna Lin  (‘24), student body vice president Prisha Umashankar (‘24), and senior class president Sophia Wang (‘24) are in charge of planning fun activities for the class of 2024. While they don’t have any finalized events for this year yet, the group of girls has proposed some exciting new ones.

“We have quite a few events in the making. We want to take a class trip to Six Flags if we get it approved and then have a Bulldog Bash,” said Umashankar.

A Bulldog Bash is a completely new concept to Chamblee seniors, but the event could potentially allow them to win prizes and get free entertainment.

“It would be after school, and then there would be raffles for dorm things like furniture. Also, you can go to the pool, and we plan to have entertainers like a hypnotist or students that make music at Chamblee,” said Lin. 

As for a class trip to Six Flags, some students are already interested in potentially going.

“I do not know if the Six Flags thing is confirmed, but I am really looking forward to that out of all the events for senior year,” said Maitri Sridhar (‘24). 

Senior sunrise already took place last Friday, and it went well for the senior class. 

“It was really fun, and there were quite a lot of people. We got doughnuts, and then we all hung out on the field to watch the sunrise. We even played tag,” said Umashankar. 

Car decorating is a senior event that takes place every year; students bring their own supplies to draw on their cars and take pictures. A hard part about organizing senior events is getting permission, which is why a Bulldog Bash would be very difficult to plan. 

“It is going to be hard to allow people to go into the pool and to get entertainers to come in and perform,” said Umashankar. 

While the SGA officers are most excited to announce the new Bulldog Bash and Six Flags ideas, Chamblee students are hyped for other more classic senior events. 

“I am most excited for Senior Assassin because I am [predicting] to go at least to the semi finals. I am hoping to win this year,” said Noah Cranman (‘24).

Rachel Mcguinness (‘24) also chose another classic as her potential favorite. 

“I am most excited for Senior Fun Day in second semester, where there are a bunch of bouncy houses and games for the seniors,” she said.

A large number of students are also extremely excited to play their respective sports for the last time.

“I am most excited for cross country because it is the best sport in the school. It is the senior season, and last season is the best season,” said Matthew Coates (‘24).

Despite the fact that there are not a lot of approved senior events, Lin, Umashankar, and Wang are planning for a lot more to come.

“They are in progress,” said Lin. “The troublesome trio has got this on lock.”

View Comments (1)