The City of Chamblee Welcomes 125 New Spirit Halloweens

Photo courtesy of author.

The City of Chamblee has been known for supporting small businesses throughout the years, and there have been many projects to connect the citizens to these small businesses. However, in recent years, many citizens have grown tired of diverse, creative business models.

“I have seen so many family-owned, small businesses pop up around these parts. Walmart is right around the corner,” said Stormy Waters (’24).

According to the Census Bureau of 2023, more than 48% of the population has experienced a dark cloud forming over their head. There has also been a rise in the number of black cats in the area.

“Last Friday, I walked out of school and there was a family of black cats underneath that tree out front. What do you even call a family of black cats?” said Enda Flowers (’25).

The law of supply and demand has decided that Chamblee would be better with many, many, many Spirit Halloweens. 

“People like vintage stuff, which I guess includes cobwebs and old builds. They create a spooky vibe but leave many of us without work if we can’t make any new buildings,” said Solomon Cobled, construction manager for 230 years.

Additionally, the students of Chamblee have turned to an even more alternative style of clothing. Students have started using their Spirit Halloween purchases in their regular school outfits, such as corsets, robes, and sparkly makeup.

“Spirit is the only thing around here now, sometimes I just come to school dressed like a court jester or a fairy. It can take me a few hours to do my makeup in the morning but it is who I am,” said Leo Phosphorus.

The employees of Spirit Halloween have experienced lower wages as more stores have continued to open up. Some employees have even begun to spread information about the creation of a union. However, a majority of the new employees of these stores are out of towners.

“I don’t know where they’re getting all these people to work at all the stores. They look so basic, and their faces look so boring and forgettable. I think they might be cloning people,” said Jane Doe, a local conspiracy theorist.

As Halloween approaches, some people have begun to question whether these Spirit Halloweens will be able to survive.

“Mariah Carey is defrosting as we speak, “ said Holly Cherryule, “Soon this Addam Family nightmare will be long gone.”