Breaking News
  • May 20BLUE & GOLD DEFEATS CHAMHIAN, 6-3, IN ANNUAL KICKBALL GAME!

A Prescription For Drama Deficiency: Bravo Reality TV

Lauren Cisewski (‘25) and Erin Myers-Beck (‘26) getting their daily drama intake. Photo Courtesy of Finley Malone

I’ve spent my whole life trying to avoid drama. It’s one of the things that I do best, partly because my clap-back skills are severely lacking. Because of the lack of drama in my personal life, I have what medical professionals may describe as a drama deficiency, which can only be treated by a prescribed amount of time on Bravo. No, it’s not an addiction, it’s a medical need.

I particularly am a fan of The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills, a series that I have watched too many times. I find watching women’s lives fall apart strangely cathartic, reminding myself that my own life is fairly put together and unproblematic. It’s also incredibly admiring the ways that some women, such as Erika Jayne handle their problems by not caring what is said about them or what others have believed about their level of character. The way that Erika responds to opposition is so hilarious and carefree; I feel like I’m learning a lot from her. If you can’t tell, she’s my favorite housewife. In addition, the hilarious arguments that the women get into serve as a supplement to my lack of arguments in my personal life.

I also have been loving watching Vanderpump Rules lately. The show is so fast-paced, that it takes you away from whatever is going on in your personal life at the moment and brings you into a crazy alternate reality where every character is a cheater or a drunk. It’s awesome. It is impossible to have a moment to think about your problems when you watch this show. The amount of lessons that I have learned from this show is uncanny.

My last Bravo love is the one and only Andy Cohen. The face of Bravo, he serves as a producer for many of the reality shows and hosts all of their reunions. He also has his own show: “Watch What Happens Live” where he interviews various housewives and Bravo stars. Every morning, I listen to his radio show to get my daily drama intake up. It’s like a morning vitamin that I take to start my day off well and healthily. Cohen is a hilarious “Trouble Making Queen,” according to Madonna. I am absolutely in love with him. 

In conclusion, watching stupid reality TV shows is essential to living a happy and healthy life. It was found that the Bravo network has one of the highest levels of intelligent viewers of any television network. At least I think it was. The women who are intelligent enough to know that reality TV shows are critical to survival would have a healthy amount of Bravo screen time. Though I am not a professional in drama withdrawal, it is clear that 2-3 hours of reality TV is absolutely necessary and recommended.