Breaking News
  • May 1BLUE & GOLD SPIRIT NIGHT AT PANERA BREAD ON NORTH DRUID HILLS ROAD 4-8 PM TODAY!

The Lady Bulldogs Look Back at an Eventful Season as Playoffs Approach

Chamblee Volleyball
Pictured: Carmen Anastasi, Naa Besa Annan, Chelse Carroll, Maggie Meeks, Olivia Middleton, Nadia Norman, Nayla Norman, Mackenzie Olaitan, Jocelyn Pierce, Sadie Schroeder, McKenna Smith, Nathalie Tsai, Elizabeth Wesley, Taylor Williams, Kaitlin Yarberry.

As the number of games begins to trickle down, Chamblee’s womens’ volleyball season is ending. With no more region games, the Lady Bulldogs have secured the number one spot in their region. The varsity players are immensely proud of this young team as they continue to play their best throughout the rest of the season going forward into state.
The volleyball season ending shortly is leaving players with a lot of emotions. Players enjoyed the close bonds they made amongst the team, and they enjoyed the fun they had playing together.
“I feel sad about the season coming to an end because I’m going to miss the seniors, bus ride talks, and the team as a whole,” said Elizabeth Wesley (‘25).
The bond the team has made is incredibly special and players will miss it, especially the connection they established with the seniors and the rest of the players on the team.
“I’m very sad about the season coming to an end because I love the bond this team has created and I will miss our seniors very much,” said Maggie Meeks (‘26).
With only two seniors this season, their team was noticeably young. The beginning of the season started slow, but after bonding more with each other, they improved immensely.
“The season definitely had a slow start but we have definitely improved. We’ve improved our team connection and communication,” said Wesley.
When looking back at the season, the team recognizes the improvements they made in skill and game strategy.
“I think our team has improved a lot from the beginning of the season in skill and the way we play together,” said Meeks.
Players reflect on lessons they learned from this season and how they can apply it to everyday life. One important lesson many learned is to not give up easily.
“I gained a lot from this season but by far the most important lesson I learned from this season is to never give up so easily and stay positive,” said Wesley.
They learned that playing through mistakes is all you can do to get out of your head if you want to succeed.
“This season I learned that you have to brush off your mistakes and stay out of your head or you’ll just keep messing up,” said Meeks.
Looking back at their season one of the most memorable performances was their game against Fellowship Christian School. This game was special to them because it showed them that persevering through tough games can lead to positive outcomes.
“The most satisfying team performance this season was definitely our game against Fellowship Christian School because going into the game they thought they were going to beat us really bad and then we came out, played, and pulled through,” said Wesley.
Beating Decatur High School was an exciting game for them as well. Going to a third set showed the team that if you push through a challenge, you can accomplish remarkable things.
“My favorite memory of this season was beating Decatur because I think it showed us that we are capable of beating hard teams,” said Meeks.
This season brings many opportunities for reflection and learning that will create a foundation for improvement in the following seasons. The Lady Bulldogs believe that if they want to improve for the next season, they must ignore mistakes and focus on the next point, also keeping their energy up is key.
“I think the team can improve next season by not bringing a mistake to the next point and keeping our momentum up if we’re up,” said Wesley.
Additionally, trusting each other and being confident and believing that they can win can help the team improve. When your teammates feel trusted they are more likely to feel comfortable and make less mistakes.
“I think our team can improve next season by trusting each other on the court and being confident that we can win,” said Meeks.
With their last regular season game on October 4th, state is coming up soon. They will play in a region tournament on October 12th to determine their seed going into state. At state they will start at round one and as they win, they will continue playing moving forward towards the final. Regardless of how state plays out, the Chamblee Lady Bulldogs have a bright future ahead of them.