My Top Three Movies

It made the top three! Photo by Nadia Norman

Have you ever experienced a day where you’re just tired of watching mediocre movies and while scrolling through your streaming platforms you can find anything to watch? Then all of a sudden you stumble across some movies and you can’t help but put a smile on your face when you see one of these titles Annie (2014), Bring it On: All or Nothing, and She’s The Man. These three movies take you to a different world of heartwarming musical moments, exciting cheerleading rivalries, and hilarious role-swapping moments. Each film brings its own unique charm and keeps you entertained from start to finish. That’s why they’re my favorite and I definitely recommend you to watch.

To start off: Annie (2014). People always say nothing can top the original or the original will always be better, but in my opinion there are some exceptions. Annie (2014) is a modern retelling of the original 1982 version and I believe the modern one is unquestionably better than the original. For starters, this movie had a wonderful soundtrack that added a fun energy to the story. The songs were catchy and had a modern twist, making them perfect to sing along with. The film had a great balance of humor and heart, making it enjoyable for any age group. One thing that I loved about the modern Annie was that while it still captured the essence of the original musical, it brought a modern setting and showed relevant themes like friendship, family, and positivity. Also, let not forget about the amazing cast which included Jamie Foxx, Cameron Diaz, and the star of it all Quvenzhane Wallis as Annie.

Next, we have Bring it On: All or Nothing. This movie is filled with high-energy cheer routines, catchy songs, and a fun storyline. The film follows a talented cheerleader named Britney Allen who faces the challenge of starting over at a new school and joining a less prestigious cheer squad. Britney is a relatable teen who learns valuable lessons of staying true to yourself, friendship, and teamwork. The supporting cast also adds a lot of humor and charm to the story, which makes the movie all the more entertaining. What makes this movie so enjoyable and great to watch is the fun choreography and athletic cheer routines that showcase stunts, flips, and dance moves that are jaw-dropping. 

Let’s not forget about She’s the Man. This humorous romantic comedy stars Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum. The film follows Amanda’s character, Viola, who disguises herself as her twin brother Sebastian in order to play on the boys’ soccer team at her school since they recently cut the funding for the girls’ team. It includes a great mix of romance and friendship by showing Viola’s journey as she navigates the challenges of pretending to be her brother while also falling for her roommate, Duke. The chemistry between them is strong and undeniable, which adds to the exciting story. She’s the Man also shows breaking gender stereotypes as Viola challenges the gender norms and proves that girls can be just as talented and excel in previous male-dominated sports, like soccer. 

Believe me, as the credits begin to roll in for these movies, you can’t help but feel grateful for the joy these movies brought into your life and you will thank me. Each one has a unique and left a lasting impact on me. What are you waiting for? Grab some popcorn!